This is a tasty and exotic salad to try if you haven’t tried Middle Eastern food. I love the flavor of the mint and olive oil. It’s absolutely wonderful. Try it and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed.
- 1 cup cracked wheat bu1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 English or hothouse cucumber
- Put bulgar in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water, cover, and let sit 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whirl olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender (or, pulse garlic in a food processor until minced, then add oil and juice). Add mint leaves, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper. Whirl until mint leaves are minced into the dressing and the dressing is more or less smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Chop parsley leaves. Core, seed, and chop tomatoes. Peel, seed, and chop cucumber.
- Drain bulgar, if necessary. Pour dressing over the bulgar and toss to combine well. Add parsley and toss to combine well. Add tomatoes and cucumber and stir to combine. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve, up to overnight.
Tabouli is an excellent tasty salad if you want to try something differnt and exotic.